bpmNEXT presentations are always about “showing not telling.” The presentation format is strictly enforced:
- 5-minute introduction in the Ignite presentation format: 20 slides exactly, automatically advanced every 15 seconds. Ignite is a presentation format in which the presenter speaks while the slides advance automatically. An Ignite presentation is exactly 5 minutes, and contains exactly 20 slides. Slides advance automatically every 15 seconds. You can read about it here (and here and here).
- 15-minute live demo from your laptop or mobile device. Absolutely no slideware in this section!
- 10-minute Q&A
Click here for the submission form.
As always, the demand for speaking slots exceeds the number we have available. This year we are going to announce the program agenda in early December, so if you are interested in securing a slot, you need to act fast. Our submission deadline is December 9.
- Sept 15, 2016: Call for Papers open
- Oct 19, 2016: First stage of submission review
- December 9, 2016: Final deadline for submissions
- December 12, 2016: Notification of provisional acceptance (see below)
- December 16, 2016: Presenter materials deadline (speaker photo, bio, final text of abstract, company logo)
- January-February, 2017: Online demonstration (preliminary conference presentation and Ignite intro)
- March 10, 2017: Final deadline for online demonstration
- March 24, 2017: Final confirmation of all details and logistics
- April 18, 2017: bpmNEXT 2016 Event Kickoff
In the submission form you must specify the title of the presentation and tell us what problem you solve, how your approach is better than what is available today, and when and in what form it will be available to customers. You must also agree that except for a 5-minute introduction in the Ignite format, your presentation will be entirely a live demo (running software, no slides).
“Provisional acceptance” of your submission means that your are accepted into the program, conditional on a satisfactory “preview demo” of your proposed session, as well as your Ignite presentation, at a date to be scheduled after December 11, 2015.
Upon provisional acceptance you will be considered part of the program and will be asked to provide a final bio, session abstract, headshot photo, and company logo. At this time we will also provide an event preparation checklist, including general information on format and expectation, and schedule your online preview demo.
While our final submission deadline is December 9, 2015 it is advantageous to submit by October 31, at which time we will conduct our first round of submission evaluations for purposes of categorization and ranking.
Also, just to reiterate, final acceptance is conditional on your presentation of the demo (and Ignite intro) to our program committee by March 10, 2017.